Wednesday, October 20, 2004

Talking about Competition

I was doing some readings on competition and strategic counter alternatives, came across this striking one.

COMPETITORS: The best swordsman in the world doesn’t need to fear the second best swordsman in the world; no, the person for him to be afraid of is some ignorant antagonist who has never had a sword in his hand before; he doesn’t do the thing he ought to do, and so the expert isn’t prepared for him; he does the thing he ought not to do and often it catches the expert out and ends him on the spot.

Mark Twain (A Connecticut Yankee in King Arthur's Court, Chapter XXXIV)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

    My Photo
    Name:
    Location: Chennai, Malaysia

    I was told that one of the most important things you can do to make writing more understandable is to simplify things. With over 10 years of HRD Solutions consulting experience don't expect simplicity from me, I will try and muddle things as much I can. I won't be doing this if not for a strategic blunder by the Indian Air Force. My tryst with Indian Airforce failed as my aptitude for breaking rules outshone military discipline by a humiliating margin. While on a trial bombing run I forgot to press the trigger button three times continuously and was not selected for military missions before or after. Devastated I decided to become a technologist and later a HRD Solutions Consultant. My physical existence is in obscurity as one among 60 million Chennaites. But I have a large digital existence. I can often be found in Blogger, Twitter, Linkedin and Facebook than in my office. Beware as you tread lightly upon my memories, ponderings,musings and thoughts you may find a mind most bizarre. I am currently engaged with SMR HR Technologies. Please feel free to comment on my thoughts.