Wednesday, November 03, 2004

You are Killers!!

I greatly admire the passion Tom Peters brings to work. Called affectionately as "Tom's Rants" are thoughts that puts TOM on war path. Here is his Rant on "Health Care"

"A recent report suggests that "acute care" facilities ("hospitals," to US civilians) kill 195,000 patients a year due to quality lapses. That is, one victim of crappy management every ... 2 minutes, 38 seconds"...whoops i couldn't digest it still, it is pretty scary!!!

Tom's Fury to Health professionals especially those on acute care facilities:

"You are Killers : Quality remains a bad joke. Stop using the term "healthcare",You haven’t earned the right to utter the word “care”!!

For more of TOM's Rants on health care download his presentation from his website http://www.tompeters.com

Got a point to ponder here: if US is 2 min 38 Sec, i am pretty scared to think about developing / under-developed countries....Reasons to believe the miracle of God .


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

    My Photo
    Name:
    Location: Chennai, Malaysia

    I was told that one of the most important things you can do to make writing more understandable is to simplify things. With over 10 years of HRD Solutions consulting experience don't expect simplicity from me, I will try and muddle things as much I can. I won't be doing this if not for a strategic blunder by the Indian Air Force. My tryst with Indian Airforce failed as my aptitude for breaking rules outshone military discipline by a humiliating margin. While on a trial bombing run I forgot to press the trigger button three times continuously and was not selected for military missions before or after. Devastated I decided to become a technologist and later a HRD Solutions Consultant. My physical existence is in obscurity as one among 60 million Chennaites. But I have a large digital existence. I can often be found in Blogger, Twitter, Linkedin and Facebook than in my office. Beware as you tread lightly upon my memories, ponderings,musings and thoughts you may find a mind most bizarre. I am currently engaged with SMR HR Technologies. Please feel free to comment on my thoughts.